Friday, April 1, 2011

Last Day..See you later, but not goodbye.

So this is my last day as a Mighty Pelican in VP-45. I have had a great tour, and it seems like everyone that I personally know will miss me. I am happy that I have made a direct impact on people lives within the command, and I hope that people have learned as much from me that I have from them. I am not leaving without regret though, there have been several people that I wish I could have helped along the way, but help can only be received if it someone is seeking it. I have seen so many people lose their way in the last 3 years and can't help wonder where they are and what they're doing now. Most of my Pelican family will be missed greatly, but I know that the Navy is quite small and our paths will cross again. I want to give the biggest and most deserved Thanks to my beautiful wife who has supported me my whole navy career so far. Baby I know this tour has been trying at times and I spent alot of time at work trying to improve professionally, but on to some well deserved shore duty now. I'm not saying that it will be any easier but at least I'm not scheduled to deploy anytime soon.

In just under 2 months we're going to be in Japan. A whole new life experience for us and I hope that it will be rewarding for us personally and professionally. My wife is resilient and she will perservere, I have faith that she will tear out of her cocoon and be a social butterfly.. Chiefs wife in training... I'm just kidding. We are looking forward meeting new friends and building a Misawa family, and experiencing a whole new world. To all we leave behind as we move on to the next chapter in life, you will be missed but, if friendships are strong the bond will not be broken...
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. I love you! I can't wait to move along and see what is next for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for you guys to get here!

    ReplyDelete