Monday, April 11, 2011

Do you Remember??

I was watching some good old classic wheel of fortune on youtube tonight, you know the one where after each round, the contestant gets to buy all kinds of cheap BigLots quality stuff with their winnings. After 1 round a commercial came on from Feb 14 1984 advertising a VCR.. cool right? Not really, it was freaking $499.00.. nope I didn't make a mistake that's not $49.90 but it was $499.00. I got to thinking, 500 dollars is alot of money these days  for most families, especially for a single item purchase, imagine what it was like in the mid 80's. I really didn't have the true grasp of the concept of money in 1984.. after all I was only 7.  Below I did just a little digging to find a few items from the 80's and then their 2011's version. Enjoy :)

These were popular well into the Mid 90's...well at least I had one:)

Here is the newest version of the Walkman. Probably the last model ever to be made.

I remember seeing these around, having one of these meant you were someone important.

Now 5 year olds own cell phones and throw tantrums when they get taken away.

This was brand new, just look at that high tech push button technology.
So I was looking at newer VCR's to compare this oldie to, but it seems that I'm pretty late in this game. I found several on Amazon at the cost of about $90+. It seems that VCRs are becoming a collectors item, if you own VHS tapes but no VCR at this point in your life, I would recommend that you go get one soon or else they'll be completely gone in a few more years....

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. I did have a Walkman when I was younger and we did have a VCR when I was young since we did not have cable growing up. Good times,lol.

    ReplyDelete