Friday, April 15, 2011

I'll be seeing you, in all the familiar places.

Sheeesh!! This has been a stressful time for everyone in Japan, departed Japan, or is slated to go to Japan. Last night I was woken up to some very great news "I'm coming to Japan with you, on time" was what I heard coming from my wife. I know that it probably isn't happy news for everyone, due to fears of radiation and earthquakes, and due to the constant disruption of life. For me and my family it is absolutely wonderful news, we're not even in the least bit concerned about radiation, but we are a little put off about the constant earthquake, but I'm sure we'll get use to it. we are looking forward to joining the Misawa family both at work and out of work, and doing our part to help with the recovery effort. I want to give a shout out to my sponsor there at AIMD, we have been in constant contact through all of this, and there was really never a lack of information exchanged. From what I can tell my new command has a great sponsorship program, keep it up guys. So now all I am waiting for the the official NAVADMIN telling us that we are good to go. Even though the US Department of State has authorized those who participated in the Vol Departures to return to Japan, there still isn't any guidance on PCSing with dependents. I know that it is easy to put the cart before the horse, count our chickens before they hatch, and those other cliche phrases. We really do not want to get our hopes up to max power just yet until the Navy officially makes it so.

I just want to say that even though times get tough and it seems like there isn't any hope try to stay positive. I think this time I was the one who was positive through all of this. It really does make a difference in every day life. I am normally the grumpy, negative, drama queen when situations don't quite work out the way I planned. Good times are coming soon and this has been the very least a great growing lesson, as well as a great leadership lesson. Stay strong everyone and you'll be back with your loved one soon enough.. Have a Great Navy Day!!
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. A weight was lifted and so I am again happy & excited and can't wait. It has been very stressful.

    ReplyDelete