Tuesday, March 29, 2011

SHHH!!! Don't Offend the Dragon!!

Homer has officially been banned.. or at least shows that are related to anything nuclear have been. According to Entertainment Weekly (EW) "Broadcasters in Germany, Austria and Switzerland have decided to ban or censor episodes of the popular cartoon series that make fun of nuclear meltdowns."* This isn't a new thing banning or censoring shows that are deemed offensive or not appropriate. My question is, Who is the one who decides for the rest of us what is offensive? Is it enough that one person is offended or does it have to be a majority? And who the HELL are you to push your morals and ethics on me???

I am reminded of several episodes of Southpark and Family Guy where Jesus is depicted as being anything other than holy. I don't remember those episodes being censored, I remember early Southpark and a character named Starvin Marvin... Do you all remember him? Would that have been considered offensive to the African American community? My point is that humor is just that..humor. If offends turn it off, change the channel, or simply walk away. There are several options available to those whose "BOX" is constantly irritated (also known as sand in the crack). Just because you might not think it approiate, don't speak for me or the whole world.

Just for the record, What has happened in Japan and is still happening is a terrible, terrible, tragedy. Me and my wife will be there in 2 months and I am looking forward to helping them with whatever resources I can give them. I don't believe that anyone making light of any tragedy detracts from the seriousness of the situation. Homer and his dumbass have been making nuclear mistakes for 22 seasons, and his mishaps started April 19, 1987 just 1 year after the Chernobyl accident on 26 April 1986.

Please people get a grip, and lighten up... It only humor... don't laugh if it's not funny to you...




*Source link to EW article
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment