Thursday, March 24, 2011

BlackBerry removing DUI checkpoint apps.

I'm going to start this post off with this little tidbit of information.


"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated; and no Warrants shall issue but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."-Constitution of the United States, Fourth Amendment.


I am not a constitutional lawyer, and I don't pretend to be an authoritative interpreter of the Constitution, but I believe that we are protected from these checkpoint legally under the Constitution. *In 1990 the United States Supreme Court found properly conducted sobriety checkpoints to be constitutional. While acknowledging that such checkpoints infringed on a constitutional right, Chief Justice William Rehnquist argued the state interest in reducing drunk driving outweighed this minor infringement. So let me understand this for a minute, the Supreme court acknowledges that these checkpoints are an infringement on our constitutional rights but it's ok because it's only a minor infringement. WTF!!!!


So this company developed an Application (APP) for smart phones that allows users to warn drivers that an "Unconstitutional, Illegal, highly Unethical" roadblock is ahead. Oh I forgot to tell you that this App has been available for some time now, it was being used to warn other drivers of speed trap locations as well as red light cameras. Apparently it was OK when it was used for these purposes. Senators Harry Reid of Nevada, Charles Schumer of New York, Frank Lautenberg of New Jersey and Tom Udall of New Mexico sent letters to company Research in Motion to remove the app, which they did. All I can say is that is right up the Dems alley to contradict the Constitution. Remember that Big Brother is always watching and slowly chipping away at your rights as a US citizen. Don't mis-understand me I love this country but my Oath say "I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America, against ALL enemies foreign and DOMESTIC" That is why I feel the way I do.


Even though this app has been removed there are still many sites on the internet to help you avoid these illegal checkpoint. One site can be found HERE.


I leave you with one quote " Papers Please "- unknown random German Soldier- WWII


*source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Random_checkpoint*
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I saw this a few days ago on the news and it is silly since it has been out for a while now. It's funny what can happen when people hone in on one thing, it always upsets someone else and of course law-makers put in their 2 cents and then they really make some noise and then they ask for things to get banned or removed....BLAH!

    ReplyDelete