Wednesday, March 23, 2011

It begins

Ha-ha. Finally... After years of contemplating of starting a blog I finally did it. Hmmm what to talk about... I know, let’s talk about me. Hello, my name is Dan and I am in the NAVY. I have been proudly serving my country for about 12 years now. Being in the Navy has allowed me to see some very interesting places and meet some pretty cool people. I have been to Maine, Florida, Texas, California, Azores, Spain, Sicily, Africa, El Salvador, Iceland, and soon Japan. I know what you’re saying right now “JAPAN!! Isn't everyone leaving there?" well yes and no. They have enacted a voluntary departure for any dependents (Family) even though there is no immediate danger where we're going to. I guess they just want to try and conserve resources in the country, but by doing that they are straining US resources financially. Anyway back to me. :) I am married to a beautiful woman whom I love with all of my heart, and have been so for 10 years in June. You can stop by and say hi to her at The Social Frog she's a great lady. We have no children of the human variety, but have three dogs Bailey, Zoey, and Cecilia. I am currently stationed in Jacksonville, Florida but we're done here in about 2 months and it's time for us to move on to the next adventure... which as I mentioned before is Japan... Ok that enough about me... let me move on to someone else.

My wife. My wife is truly the kindest, most loving person I have ever had in my life (I'm not just saying this to score). She is pretty naive to a fault when it comes to people. As offensive as that may sound it really isn't, what I mean is that she always seems to see the good in people no matter their faults. Unless you personally hurt her deeply, she will be your friend for life. All of the bad things that I have done in my life she has never held them against me. Remember forgiven doesn't mean forgotten. I love my wife and even though I not the most romantically or passionate man in the world I miss her badly when we're apart. My wife really takes good care of me, and has done so even before we were married. I remember living in Maine in the barracks and she refusing to go home because I was so sick, but that’s not the only time. Even when we are both sick, she finds a way to hide ignore her sickness and take care of me... I guess what I'm trying to say is that I love her more than anything or anyone else in the world. She is the greatest...

My Family. I am not an only child; I have an older brother, a younger sister, a mother, and a father. Ronald is my older brother and I miss him very much. I remember going to stay the night with him when I was just a little kid and playing Nintendo and listening to Too Short and NWA. My brother was there for me after I ran into a little bit of trouble as a young man in Texas. He allowed me to stay with him and even set me up with some contacts at Dallas Alley which helped me get a job as security/bar back there. Thanks Bro, that was for sure the funnest job I ever had. My younger sister Cristal is great. Over the years we have spread slowly apart, to just the occasional contact every now and again. We went through some rough times growing up but we stuck together and got through them just fine. She is married with 3 kids and still lives in Texas. I am proud of what she has achieved in her life, even though I feel as though I had a hand in blocking her from getting there earlier. I love you Cristal. My mother Linda or better known as MOM. I love her but unfortunately we have never been really close since I was about 12. I miss regret that I held on to grudges for so long that now we are so distant that it is hard to rebuild our relationship. I have been talking to her more often now then in the past, and it feels good to let her know what's going on in my life. I love you mom and will forever be your son, nothing will ever change that. My father Ron, Joe, or Ronald. I really miss that man. Even now as I write this I am getting emotional just thinking about how we haven't talked in about 2 years now. We just kind of lost touch with each other. Ever since I joined the Navy our relationship has slowly drifted apart all the way to this point. I miss you pops and am glad that you are doing well. I wish I could see you before we leave for Japan, but that's probably not going to happen seeing how crazy life is has been for all of us.

Isn't that the purpose of a blog? To get it all out in the open, to put a chink in that armor that we all wear to shield ourselves from being vulnerable. I think I will like writing a blog a day, it feels freeing to be able to express your feeling about anything you want. Thank for taking the time to read..... So long

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Good job! Its scary at first to reveal things about yourself, to share your inner monolog with the world but the more you do it, the more you will have a good time with it.

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you have been talking about this for a while. I am your biggest fan, I love you!

    www.thesocialfrog.com

    ReplyDelete