Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Misawa Life

So we've been in Japan for a little over 3 weeks now, and I am loving it. So far I have met so many wonderful helpful people here at work and outside of work. I am praying that this kind helpful disposition is a way of life here and not just a welcome to Misawa. The land is beautiful and the Japanese nationals have all been kind and helpful, even with the language barriers here, the Japanese people are very graceful and patient with foreigners... It's a strange feeling to be foreigner. RoseAnn is adjusting very well here and she has expressed to me how happy she is.. this is honestly a first for her, to be truly happy at a new duty station.

Due to AF policy here we have to live on base, but we actually are OK with this. When housing became available to us we had a choice of a 4 family housing unit or a tower ( 8 floors ) after looking at both options we chose the tower due to the closeness of the main gate and base facilities. It is a very nice 2 bed 1 bath apartment style house with plenty of room for us and our 2 dogs.. I miss you bailey (our 3rd dog that wasn't able to come with us) He would have loved it here, but he is in Maine with family having a grand ole time with lots of kids and other dogs. The only complaint I really have is the 4am full sunshine, which is really affecting RoseAnn and her sleeping patterns. We can't wait for our stuff to get here so we can really make it feel like home.

So far life here is very laid back, both work and personal. We have met some great people who I know will be lifelong friends. This Saturday will be our first festival here in Misawa (American Day) and we are looking forward to attending. There are plenty of opportunity for volunteering and education and time for family. I am happy we are here and look forward to sharing more about Japan over to next 3 years. ◦
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, the sun rising so early is I think a big issue for me and not sleeping well and being so tired. I know we will soon get blackout curtains for our bedroom. I am happy here :) My only other issue is driving on the "wrong" side of the road, scared of it,lmao!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely recommend blackout curtains...I've said this is RoseAnn a few times, but WELCOME!
    Oh and American Day is Sunday! I'd hate for you to get out the gate and see nothing going on. LOL

    ReplyDelete